Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) @ UCLA
The UCLA Summer Undergraduate Research Experience (SURE) Program at the UCLA Samueli School of Engineering will launch in the summer of 2023. The purpose of the program, which is supported by Amazon, is to provide students who are typically underrepresented in engineering and computer science an opportunity to conduct innovative and cutting-edge research for 8 weeks on the UCLA campus.
The program will admit 20 students and will run from June 23 – August 16, 2024.
The SURE @UCLA application will be open from Nov. 1, 2023 – March 1, 2024.
- 8 -weeks of undergraduate research
- On- campus housing, meals and access to UCLA recreation facilities
- $5,350 stipend
- Travel costs to and from Los Angeles
- Weekly professional development and graduate school workshops
- Graduate and faculty mentoring
- End-of-program Research Poster Presentation
- Evening and weekend social activities
To apply for admission to the Amazon SURE Program at UCLA, students must meet the following eligibility requirements.
- Current Sophomore or Junior enrolled at a U.S.- based college or university.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, permanent resident or DACA recipient
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Must be available to participate in research for 40 hrs/week for the duration of the program (June 25 – August 19, 2023)
- Must also be available to participate in Amazon Day and other professional devlopment workshops
Application Materials and Timeline
- Student Information
- Parent/Guardian Information
- Statement of Purpose (500 word maximum)
- Transcript (official or unofficial)
- Resume (1-page maximum)
- Online Recommendation Form
Application Timeline: Nov. 1, 2023 – March 1, 2024. The deadline to submit your completed application and upload the required documents is March 1, 2024 by 11:59 p.m. PDT.
Note: Your application can be submitted without the recommendation form being submitted. The deadline to submit the recommendation is March 8, 2024.
Admission Notification: Week of April 22, 2024
SURE @UCLA 2023 Yearbook
To learn more about the program, attend the SURE@UCLA Info Session in January 2024.
To apply, click the button below or scan the QR code
Make sure to review the SURE @ UCLA FAQ page for additional program information.
For additional questions, contact Catherine Douglas at email@example.com